- Enhance partnerships between hospitals and health departments
- Improve efficiency, quality, and standardization of community health assessment data collection and reporting of data and plans
- Encourage strategic investment of community resources to address priority health issues
- Catalyze and coordinate action among existing and new assets and initiatives to address priority health needs
- Monitor results to improve process, quality, and health outcomes
- Promote accountability of hospitals and public health agencies
Local Efforts & Regional Value
Community health improvement (health assessment, planning, action, and evaluation) in western North Carolina is a locally-led and implemented process. This regional initiative is designed to support and enhance local efforts by:
- Standardizing and conducting data collection
- Creating reporting and communication templates and tools
- Encouraging collaboration
- Providing training and technical assistance
- Addressing regional priorities
- Sharing evidence-based practices
We are using the “collective impact” vision and framework to help guide our work on the community health improvement process. To dig deeper, we are applying the common language and planning, monitoring, and evaluation framework of Results-Based Accountability™.
WNC Healthy Impact is a partnership and coordinated process between hospitals, public health agencies, and key regional partners in western North Carolina. The green circles represent hospitals and the blue circles represent health departments.
Click below to learn more about each of our valued partners.
Erlanger Murphy Medical Center
Swain Community Hospital
Graham County Dept. of Public Health
Clay County Health Dept.
Swain County Health Dept.
Swain Community Hospital
Macon County Public Health Center
Angel Medical Center
Cherokee Indian Hospital
EBCI Public Health and Human Services
Jackson County Department of Public Health
Harris Regional Hospital
Haywood County Health and Human Services Agency
Haywood Regional Medical Center
Transylvania County Department of Public Health
Transylvania Regional Hospital
Madison County Health Dept.
Buncombe County Health and Human Services
CarePartners Health Services
Park Ridge Health
Margaret R. Pardee Memorial Hospital
Henderson County Dept. of Public Health
Toe River Health District – Yancey
RPM Health District – Polk
Saint Luke’s Hospital
Toe River Health District – Mitchell
Blue Ridge Regional Hospital
RPM Health District – McDowell
Mission Hospital McDowell
Rutherford Regional Health System
RPM Health District – Rutherford