Supporting excellence in the “how” of improving the region’s health.
In addition to support for hospitals and public health agencies, we offer a range of contract-based services for local and regional coalitions, non-profit organizations, local governments, Federally Qualified Health Centers, and funders across the region to support excellence in the “how” of improving the region’s health.
WAYS WE CAN SUPPORT YOUR WORK
- Help you to use Results-Based Accountability™ (RBA) in your planning, evaluation, quality improvement, and funding activities
- Provide RBA training for your organization, grantees, and partners
- Help you incorporate a results-driven framework into your grantmaking or grant-seeking strategy
- Partner with you to design and facilitate effective meetings that move your collaborative group from talk to action
- Provide tailored analysis of our regional health data set so you can make data-driven decisions
- Collect additional local data and stories so your community health improvement efforts are rooted in & accurately represent your communities
- Provide strategic support for your health communications efforts
OUR VALUES FOR WORKING WITH OUR CUSTOMERS
We use human-centered approaches
We are committed to co-designing tools, processes, and products with our customers
Whenever possible, we support building capacity rather than being capacity
We focus on developing processes that meaningfully engage our customers’ communities and partners
“The RCORP Consortium is much stronger and has capacity for more work because of WNC Health Network’s strategic planning and data collection.”
—Appalachian Mountain Community Health Center (customer)
Strategic Planning & Facilitation Support for a Regional Planning Grant
In November 2018, with funding from the federal Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), a regional consortium formed to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to address substance use in three western counties of North Carolina—Cherokee, Clay, and Graham Counties. The consortium includes regional substance use treatment providers, a federally qualified health center, three county health departments, and other regional partners.
WNC Health Network helped consortium members decide how they wanted to work together and clarify the overall result they have in mind for their work in the region. We helped design and collect data for an in-depth needs assessment to understand the “story behind the numbers” around substance use in the region. This involved creating a data “workbook” of substance use indicators from our large primary data set and other data sources, as well as gathering information from people most affected by substance use and key informants.
We then worked with the consortium to design an RBA-infused strategic planning process and facilitated a series of meetings with the consortium to use findings from the needs assessment to develop the plan. As a result of their commitment to excellence in the “how,” the consortium developed a strong plan rooted in local needs and context and has secured additional federal funding to implement the plan.
(Photo at left: Graham County Substance Use Coalition Meeting, June 2019)
Connect with us!
WNC Health Network offers our skills and connections to create a western North Carolina where residents can thrive and live their healthiest lives.
Within complex health issues, we can help you achieve measurable results.