WNC Health Network | 1200 Ridgefield Blvd, Suite 200 | Asheville, NC 28806 | 877.667.8220
Providers Working Together
In 1995, a group of dedicated individuals decided to make a difference in healthcare in western North Carolina. They began to identify, explore, and implement opportunities to collaborate among the area’s hospitals and healthcare systems. WNC Health Network, Inc., a 501(c)(3) corporation, includes 17 hospitals in western North Carolina.
Collaboration started with quality improvement and achieving cost savings and value through aggregation of group purchasing volume. It developed over time to include a regional health information exchange and focus on population health. In 2013, Capstone Health Alliance was created as a separate, wholly owned subsidiary of WNC Health Network to house group the purchasing program.
Today, WNC Health Network, an alliance of 17 hospitals in western North Carolina, works together and with partners to improve health and healthcare. Partners in western North Carolina, along with member hospitals, are engaged to foster healthy and thriving communities and care systems.
WNC Health Network exists to convene and connect stakeholders and provide support for our members and partners to improve health and healthcare across its sixteen-county region. WNC Health Network aims to:
- Support a patient and community-centered culture of improvement, collaboration, and health
- Improve hospital and partner knowledge and skills
- Provide opportunities for networking and relationship building
- Collect, report, monitor data that helps hospitals and thier partners improve population-level results and performance
- Support hospitals and partner agencies in being results-focused
- Create tools and templates to promote efficiency and alignment
- Leverage hospital investments to help secure resources for addressing regional needs