WNC Health Network | 1200 Ridgefield Blvd, Suite 200 | Asheville, NC 28806 | 877.667.8220
Providers Working Together
WNC Healthy Impact
WNC Healthy Impact is a partnership and coordinated process between hospitals, public health agencies, and key regional partners in western North Carolina working towards a vision of improved community health. We are working together locally and regionally to assess health needs, develop collaborative plans, take action, and evaluate progress and impact.
This innovative regional effort is supported by financial and in-kind contributions from hospitals, public health agencies, and partners, and is housed and coordinated by WNC Health Network, Inc. Current efforts to infuse Results-Based Accountability™ throughout this process are supported by a grant from The Duke Endowment.
WNC Healthy Impact Goals
- Enhance Partnerships between hospitals and health departments
- Improve efficiency, quality, and standardization of community health assessment data collection and reporting of data and plans
- Encourage strategic investment of community resources to address priority health issues
- Catalyze and coordinate action among existing and new assets and initiatives to address priority health needs
- Monitor results to improve process, quality, and health outcomes
- Promote accountability of hospitals and public health agencies through meeting community health improvement requirements at the state and national level
Local Efforts & Regional Value
Community health improvement (health assessment, planning, action, and evaluation) is still a locally-led and implemented process. This regional initiative is designed to support and enhance local efforts by standardizing and conducting data collection, creating reporting and communication templates and tools, encouraging collaboration, providing training and technical assistance, addressing regional priorities, and sharing evidence-based practices. We are using the “collective impact” vision and framework to help guide our work on the community health improvement process. To dig deeper, we are applying the common language and planning, monitoring, and evaluation framework of Results-Based Accountability™.
- Region-wide data collection - 2015
- Local-level health assessments - 2015/16
- Community health improvement plans - 2016
- Hospital specific implementation strategy - 2016/17
- Action & monitoring results - ongoing
- Next community health assessment - 2018/19
Regional Structure & Partners
To guide the development of a successful process and meaningful products, this regional collaboration is supported by the leadership of the WNC Healthy Impact Steering Committee, work of task-related workgroups, and additional staff time from health departments, hospitals, and regional partners. A team of consultants, a survey data collection vendor, and a regional coordinator, also help make this regional effort possible.
In addition to leadership and members from WNC Health Network and the Western NC Partnership for Public Health, representatives from the NC Center for Health and Wellness at UNC – Asheville, MAHEC, and the Western Carolina Medical Society serve on the WNC Healthy Impact Steering Committee. Western Carolina University and 211 are also key regional partners. See below for a map and listing of the hospitals and public health agencies participating:
For More Information
For more information about WNC Healthy Impact, or to review regional and local reports and plans, please visit us online at: www.WNCHealthyImpact.com